- Development and Design
- Develop, test and implement new software programs
- Design and update software database. This includes, but is not limited to: Software
Applications, Web Sites, Data Communication Processes and User Interfaces
- Test, maintain and recommend software improvements to ensure strong functionality and optimization
- Independently install, customize and integrate commercial software packages
- Facilitate root cause analysis of system issues
- Work with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues,review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing
- Identify ideas to improve system performance and impact availability
- Resolve complex technical design issues
- Development of technical specifications and plans
- Analyze user requirements and convert requirements to design documents
- Compile timely, comprehensive and accurate documentation and or reports as requested.
- Stakeholder engagement
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues.
- Make good technical decisions that provide solutions to business challenges.
- Provide comprehensive support to internal customers; achieve resolution to outstanding problems or issues.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Research and continuous improvement
- Acquire knowledge of technological developments in the industry to be up-to-date and improve company applications
- Recommend best practices to achieve business objectives, advises on risk assumptions for any variances granted, and provides alternatives to achieve desired end results
- Ad hoc duties
- Perform any reasonable task as and when required by the Line Manager.
- Matric & Tertiary qualification (degree/diploma) in Computer Science or Information
- The main programming language required is Java and complement of C# knowledge
will be advantageous.
- The prospective candidate will be working with the development team from
Guidewire and they use Gosu as a programming language.
- ITIL certificate
- 5+ year’s proven knowledge and experience in Java development.
- Operating at the level of a professionally qualified, experienced specialists and midmanagement.
- Microsoft environment
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning.
- Knowledge of database legislation.
- Interpreting data
- Managing relationships
- Communicating clearly
- Embracing change
- Team working
- Taking initiative
- Driving results
- Managing risks
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Willingness to keep up to date with the new technology development
- Stress tolerance
A South African citizen of any gender, preference will be given to an EE candidate.