1. Strategic Alignment
• This role will lay out the future state of business, logical and technical
architectures across the enterprise.
• Collaborate with senior technology and business leaders to develop a
rationalisation plan for the enterprise’s technical ecosystem.
• This role will also create an end-state architecture with a deep understanding of the business vision/drivers/objectives across business functions so that the over-arching enterprise strategy can be realised.
2. Technical/Operation requirements
• Drive alignment to a shared technical vision as well as roadmap through a smallteam of technical architects, partnering with the technology segments embedded with the businesses, technology teams, information security, and infrastructure leads to ensure success to achieving that end-state vision.
3. Business Partnering
• Independently interfaces with key senior leader level stakeholders from all business segments, delivery functional areas of technology and the business lines.
• This role has ultimate accountability for ensuring the vision for Sasria’s future state enterprise architecture is realised across the enterprise in order to achieve Sasria’s strategy.
• Bachelor’s degree in technology, business management, engineering, or related
• Honour’s degree preferred.
• 10+ years progressive Business and Information Technology experience.
• 5 or more years management and strategic experience.
• Experience with TOGAF or another EA Framework experience preferable.
• Insurance industry business knowledge preferable.
• Strong knowledge of Business/Application/Data/Technology architecture.
• Insurance industry business knowledge.
• Demonstrated continuous improvement and continuous learning mindset.
• Demonstrated capability as a lifecycle problem solver (idea to implementation).
• Cultivate a culture of openness, transparency and inclusion and build, maintain,
and grow high-performing team and drive innovation.
• Results oriented.
• Proven ability to drive change and results.
• Ability to understand the long-term (“big picture”) and short-term perspectives of
• High proficiency with technology transformations.
• Ability to establish, implement, and enforce appropriate standards to meet business
• Strong team player.
• Ability to engage in conversation with Executive level leaders in the organization.
• Strong customer service orientation and insurance business acumen with ability to
bring a customer-centric perspective to all situations.
- A South African citizen of any gender, preference will be given to an EE candidate
- The role will be in Illovo, Johannesburg