1. Performs IT internal auditing work as assigned
• Sasria Departments or Agent Company IT Internal Audits
• Provide consulting services through:
• Audit recommendations; and
• Ad hoc projects
• Participation in Risk Management sessions (RCSAs) and provide input on where IT risk management processes and controls can be improved.
2. Claims payment process
• Load correct banking details of stakeholders on IMS.
• Load payments as per the releases and /or invoices received.
• Ensure all proofs of payments are received back from Finance department and sent to NMI’s and brokers Performs audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analysing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
3. Technical auditing
• Assists in identifying and evaluating the Company’s risk areas;
• Review of adequacy and effectiveness of controls using flow charts and other methods of evaluation;
• Assist in the development of audit programs or procedures by identifying risks and controls (RACM) for the area to be audited;
• Conduct planning and preparation of allocated audit assignments by drafting audit start letters, opening meetings, preliminary surveys, agreeing audit scope and sign-off;
• Perform detailed reviews of IT processes and policies, infrastructure and the general control environment in accordance with the audit programmes.
• Perform detailed reviews of application systems and access controls in accordance with the audit programmes.
• Completion of all working papers in accordance with the IT audit methodology.
• Conducts interviews, reviews document, develops and administers surveys, composes summary memos, and prepares working papers;
• All findings, conclusions and recommendations are properly and sufficiently supported in working papers;
• Communicates or assists in communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management;
• Complete audits in a timely manner;
• Develops and maintains productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings; and
• Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers.
4. Policy and Procedure development
• Provides input on improvement of strategic audit and annual plan;
• Provides input on the improvement of the audit policy and procedure manual.
5. Represents internal audit on:
• Company project teams;
• Internal company staff committee meetings (on request, i.e. Transformation committee and the Health and Safety committee meetings); and
• External assurance providers or organisations.
• As and when required.
6. Training and support
Active involvement in development of own skills, through agreeing performance development plan with Senior Auditor/Supervisor and Internal Audit Manager to improve or maintain the following skills:
• Negotiating and problem – solving skills;
• Effective verbal and written communication, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations by audit staff; and
• Establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts.
• Assist in supervising trainees or other assigned team members.
7. Perform ad hoc tasks
Perform any reasonable ad hoc tasks as and when required by the Senior Internal Auditor, Internal Audit Manager or Head of Internal Audit.
• B. Com (auditing) or equivalent three-year qualification.
• Postgraduate qualification (Internal audit or Informatics or Computer Science or any IT related qualification).
• Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or any related IT certification.
• 4 years of full-time experience in IT Audit, internal audit and project audits.
• Insurance industry experience.
A South African citizen of any gender, preference will be given to an EE candidate.
The role will be located in Illovo, Johannesburg.