1. Sasria departments and agents
• Provides input during the development of the quality assurance department’s strategic plan.
• Is actively involved during the development of the department’s plan.
• Is actively involved during the development of department’s key performance indicators.
• Provides input during the development of the department’s budgets.
• Is required to identify business risks that are related to their work.
• Develops annual project plans and for tasks/areas that have been allocated to them.
• Manage and ensure regular and monthly reports of projects under own supervision.
• Develop, update, and submit for approval, QA procedures/process flows, and templates for tasks/areas that have been allocated to them.
2. Technical follow up and proactive reviews
• Identify and evaluate the organisational risks and provide key input to the development of review and annual plans.
• Perform proactive and follow-up quality assurance procedures, including identifying and defining issues, collecting, reviewing and analysing evidence.
• Conduct and document walkthrough tests, and collect adequate evidence to support the quality assurance work results and report.
• Identify, develop, and provide practical solutions using independent judgement throughout the review process.
• Communicate the results of the review and consulting projects via written reports and/or oral presentations to management.
• Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers and subordinates.
• Develop and maintain a findings issues log for both internal and external audit findings.
• Develop and maintain an observations and solutions log for proactive quality assurance reviews.
• Develop and maintain a dairy system for follow-up, and general agents touch-base meetings.
• Develop and maintain a complete, accurate and up to date record of all agents and management engagements.
• Work with management to discuss and troubleshoot findings and trends identified during quality assurance projects.
• Proactively assist management identify and resolve potential control weaknesses.
• The quality assurance specialist will perform ad-hoc tasks within their capacity.
3. Policy and procedure development
• Provides input on the improvement of strategic audit plan and annual plan.
• Assists the manager with the research and benchmarking process of the quality assurance review approach and procedures with the view to improve same.
• Continuously review and revise the QA procedure manual.
• Represents the quality assurance department on:
o Company project teams;
o Internal company staff committee meetings (on request, i.e. Transformation committee and the Health and Safety committee meetings and so on );
o Company management meetings; and
o External assurance providers or organisations, as and when required.
• Provide input into the operational budget for i.e.:
– The travelling budget;
– Specific QA projects’ budgets.
5. People Management
• Manage team performance of junior QA staff members or interns and report to the quality assurance manager (QAM).
• Establish and maintain a positive working environment that will contribute to improved staff morale and increased productivity.
• Regular Informal Reviews and continuous coaching, mentoring, and counselling as required – documented evidence.
6. Adhoc duties
• Perform any reasonable task as and when required by the Line Manager.
•Bachelor’s degree or recognised 3 years undergraduate qualification in insurance/auditing/accountancy/business management.
• Recognised accreditations in insurance, auditing, risk management and financial sector.
• Postgraduate qualification and/or a graduate degree in business administration, public administration, or a related field, or certification as a CIA, CPA, or CISA.
• 5 years of full-time experience in quality assurance, auditing, accounting, or risk management (all or a combination).
• Plus 2 years working experience as a senior, project leader or team leader.
• Short-term insurance industry experience.
Experience obtained in consultation, facilitation, or presentation.
• Product knowledge.
• Excellent knowledge of process and control design.
• Process re-engineering.
• Knowledge of management information systems terminology, concepts, and practices.
• Knowledge of industry program policies, procedures, regulations, and laws.
• Knowledge of and ability to interpret the Short Term Insurance Act, PFMA, Treasury Regulations and the FAIS (Financial Advisory Intermediary Services Act).
• Knowledge of the insurance industry.
• Knowledge of the financial industry.
• In-depth governance and risk management knowledge.
• Basic knowledge of the Labour Relations Act.
• Excellent skill in conducting quality control reviews of audit work products.
• Excellent audit execution skills.
• Extensive skill in planning and project management skills.
• Proficient computer skills.
• Planning (annual and project plans).
• Project management and leadership.
• Excellent report writing and communication/ presentation.
A South African citizen of any gender, preference will be given to an EE candidate.
The role will be located in Illovo, Johannesburg.