1. SharePoint Configuration
• Configuration, test and implement new SharePoint requests.
• Unit testing, maintain and recommend improvements to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
• Independently work without supervision and transfer knowledge to Application team
• Facilitate root cause analysis of system issues and document the findings.
• Work with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing.
• Identify ideas to improve system performance and impact availability.
• Resolve complex SharePoint technical issues.
• Input into the development projects which require SharePoint integration.
• Review and Analyze user requirements and convert requirements to design documents.
• Compile timely, comprehensive and accurate documentation and or reports as requested.
2. SharePoint Support and Maintenance
• Manage Sasria’s SharePoint applications and enhance as per business requirements by adhering to the development process (SDLC).
• Ensure maintenance of SharePoint applications by reviewing the system on regular basis.
• Provide 1st and 2nd line support for SharePoint and liaising with the Service provider where necessary, CRM, SharePoint, and other applications
• Contribute directly to the SharePoint journey, enable quality of IT service in-line with service management strategy.
• Analyse SharePoint application problems, recommend solutions and technologies to meet business security and information security objectives.
• Ensure adherence to approved ICT Governance principles and policies
• Responsible for the SharePoint support, trouble shooting and performance.
• Analyse and recommend SharePoint enhancement, updates and upgrades
• Administer and configure Sharepoint and share knowledge with production support team and service desk.
• Ensuring security and critical applications patches are maintained in SharePoint.
• Produce necessary reports based on requests.
• Root Cause Analysis for SharePoint problems logged.
• Input into management reports when required.
4. SharePoint Design and Improvement
• Creates, manages, designs, and implements the architecture of the SharePoint platform.
• Determines and implements security standards for the SharePoint platform.
• Designs and builds high availability solutions to ensure platform resiliency.
• Designs and implements a comprehensive structure that logically organises. related components into a hierarchical structure across the SharePoint platform.
• Provides subject matter knowledge to I.T. resources and business stakeholders in leveraging, conceptualising, developing, and implementing SharePoint solutions to address business needs.
• Collaborates with I.T. resources to integrate SharePoint modules with other systems.
• Creates and maintains technical documentations such as the SharePoint platform.
• Maintaining and updating SharePoint application on regular basis to ensure compliance and relevance.
5. Adhoc tasks
• Recommend best practices to achieve business objectives, advises on risk assumptions for any variances granted, and provides alternatives to achieve desired end results.
• Maintains SharePoint documentation and configuration data for regulatory and audit purposes.
• Perform any reasonable tasks as and when required by the Line Manager and Functional Manager.
• Share knowledge with internal and external stakeholders for support purposes.
• Degree in computer science or equivalent related work experience
• ITIL foundation certificate (will be added advantage)
• SharePoint relevant certificate
• 3 – 5 years of SharePoint administration work experience.
• Proficient at designing and building high availability solutions.
• Solid knowledge and experience with MS SharePoint 2007 or 2010 including
• Working knowledge of current messaging and collaboration systems software,
protocols and standards.
• Ability to solve complex software issues.
• Customer Care
• Following Procedure
• Knowledge of SharePoint
• Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Good communication skills – verbal and written
• MS Office
• Good interpersonal skills
• Application skills
• Communication and Report Writing skills
• Business Acumen
• Process driven
• Customer service
- A South African citizen of any gender, preference will be given to an EE candidate
- The role will be in Illovo, Johannesburg