1. Strategic Alignment
- Contribute towards the development of company’s strategic plans.
- Compile and present departmental strategy for Exco review and input into broader organisational strategy.
- Ensures that financial transactions, policies and procedures meet short- and longterm business objectives and regulatory body requirements.
- Identification of departmental risks and implementing departmental risk management strategy.
- Managing the daily finance function including
- Petty cash management, Preparation and reviews of bank reconciliations and all reconciliations
- Premiums, claims, fixed assets, reinsurance
- Managing Payments of claims and invoices.
- Provides oversight and ensures compliance on company credit card and staff expense claims.
- Implement applicable changes in Laws, Regulations and Financial Governance Codes.
3. Budgeting and financial responsibilities
- Execute the Budgeting and Forecasting process for Sasria
- Manage the departmental budget, ensuring expenditure within set parameters.
- Prepare reports for Board and Board Committee Packs Contribute towards the business Strategic Planning.
4. Statutory Reporting
- Prepare, coordinate Monthly/ Quarterly/ Annual /Ad-hoc financial reports as required.
- Preparation of Annual Financial Statements for National Treasury.
- Preparation of Income Tax and VAT Returns, ensuring accuracy and timely submissions. Attend to all queries to and from SARS. (IT14 / IRP6 etc.).
- Preparation, coordination and submission of all Regulatory reports for the FSCA and PA.
- Preparation, coordination and submission of all reports to National Treasury – Sasria’s shareholder
5. Manage staff compliment
- Manage Financial Accountants
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good project management skills.
- Excellent writing and reporting skills.
- Ability to interact and influence at all levels, internally and externally.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proven track record of managing a team of at least 5 -10.
- Good planning and organizing skills.
- IFRS 17 Knowledge.
- Management of Strategic Resources.
- Business Acumen.
- Understanding of SAM and Insurance related Regulatory requirements.
- Strategy and Business Planning.
- Handling conflict.
- Good knowledge of PFMA and other Treasury related regulations.
- Expertise on tax issues.
- Functional Investment Knowledge.
- B.Com. Honours in Accounting.
- 3 years post article experience in a similar role, preferably Financial Services exposure.
- Up to 5 years post qualification experience in a similar position, preferably in insurance or financial services fields.
- CA(SA) Advantageous
- A South African citizen of any gender, preference will be given to an EE candidate
- The role will be in Illovo, Johannesburg